Just like any other flooring, hardwood floors need a refresher from time-to-time. Whether you have kids or pets coming inside from outdoor activities or you’re hosting a dinner party, keeping your floors clean isn’t always easy. There are a few ways to keep your hardwood floors looking as new. Here are some do’s and don’ts:
- Sweep frequently to remove dust and dirt with broom, dust mop, or vacuum using the bare floor setting or soft bristle attachments
- Clean floors periodically with professional floor cleaner (recommended by manufacturer due to the finish)
- Wipe up any spills immediately with a dry or slightly damp cloth or mop
- Always follow manufacturer’s cleaning instructions
- Use wet mop or steam mop because they can dull the finish and possibly damage the wood
- Use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors. The ingredients could cause the wood to become slippery and appear dull sooner.
- Use wood furniture polish, which can make the flooring dangerously slippery and damage the finish.
- Use any harsh chemicals, oil soaps, or vinegar as a cleaner. These substances can ruin the finish.
- Vacuum with the beater bar attachment.
If you still have questions on how to maintain and clean your hardwood floors, give us a call at 717-667-9373.