Reclaimed hardwood continues to capture the eye of many homeowners and creates a stunning floor. Rustic and vintage flooring has become a popular style in all types of homes and decor. Here are some things to know about reclaimed hardwood flooring:
- There is a process to turn reclaimed wood into wide plank flooring. Due to the availability and labor put into making reclaimed hardwood flooring, it is typically more expensive than traditional hardwood floors. Our craftsmen make sure all metal is removed from each board to ensure that it’s sustainable to be used as flooring and no damage can occur during milling and installation.
- Reclaimed flooring has two options: Original Face or Milled Face. As stated with the name, Original Face shows saw marks, patina, and rougher appearance from wear of 40 to over 100 years. As for Milled Face, each board is milled to a smoother face showing less of the original markings or wear.
- Green & Eco-friendly
- Peachey® Reclaimed wood is recycled wood that’s salvaged from old barns and buildings. It reduces the demand for newly harvest virgin wood from forests and keeps old wood products out of landfills.
- Old-Growth & Stability
- When trees naturally reach their full maturity within an environment, it’s known as “old-growth.” These trees are typically stronger and larger because they took decades to possibly even centuries to mature. Over hundreds of years, wood becomes seasoned making it less likely to cup, twist or move significantly. The fibers in the wood become denser the more slowly the tree grows, making them very stable.
- There’s more of a story behind reclaimed boards, which makes them very unique. These boards can be sourced from various places like a historical bridge or a beautiful old barn. By using Peachey Reclaimed hardwood, you’re continuing to keep the history alive for future generations.
- Reclaimed boards showcase various characteristics that cannot be reproduced with new flooring. We keep the natural character marks of: nail holes, worm holes, mortise & tenon joints and patina that is only possible with aging of wood over hundreds of years. These characteristics provide a rustic appeal that offers ageless distinction and beauty.
Contact the experts at Peachey Hardwood Flooring to learn more about reclaimed hardwood flooring and view for yourself The Beauty of Nature. Perfected.